STEP 6: Wound Debridement and Surgery: Any callus and bad tissue covering your wound needs to be ‘debrided’ or removed because this can prevent your wound from healing. Don’t remove any skin or tissue yourself! Visit a doctor so this can be done in a clean environment with the right tools.
- Calluses and corns need to be trimmed by a professional because they can cause wounds
- The ideal wound is one where the tissue is red and healthy looking
- Bleeding is not bad. It means your body has the ability to heal your wound.
- Your doctor is happy when your wound bleeds. You should be too.
- Wound cultures can trick us because our skin normally has bacteria on it
- Bone infection is bad and bone may need to be removed
- Wounds present for many years may need a biopsy. Wounds can turn into a type of cancer.
Check out this episode!