STEP 4: Bone and Pressure Evaluation: Bony prominences on our feet can be pressure areas when we walk and pressure areas = possible future wound. Here are some things that cause wounds:
- Bony prominences! This includes bunions and hammertoes.
- Calluses and corns are areas of bony prominences and these are bad
- A tight heel cord forces pressure elsewhere, so stretch it out!
- A Charcot foot is a red, hot, swollen, rocker-bottom foot that basically has a lot of small fractures within it. Go see your doctor if you feel like this describes your foot type.
- Make sure you’re always asking, “What’s causing my wound?”
Check out this episode!