Blood Sugar and Nutrition: Many factors affect the healing of your foot wound, including your general health, nutrition, and keeping your diabetes under control. Here are some tips on how to have good health and nutrition when you’re diabetic:
- If you’re diabetic, you should be checking your blood sugar several times a day. Levels may be between 89-120.
- Know your hemoglobin A1C test value. This is a long-term measure of how well you’re doing with your blood sugar. It should be no higher than 7.
- Don’t just depend on medications to keep your diabetes ‘under control’
- If you need to lose weight, you can do this by eating less, eating healthy, or increasing exercise activity.
- Stop eating when you feel full. Eat slowly so you notice this.
- Don’t eat in front of the TV or other distractions
- Take control of your health and nutrition because staying healthy helps wound healing
Check out this episode!